While I feel good about my blog-reading habit, my posting habits have been in decline. In the meantime, I’ve had a number of thoughts that I need to work out. So let’s make a little list, and maybe we’ll expand later, ok?
- I must improve my differentiation. No more hand-waiving on “multiple entry points” — yes, there is a time and place for this — but it’s time for some specific problem types to address the different levels of understanding in my class.
- Similarly, I need to integrate more language development into my class. (I teach ELL students.) And definitely more practice on discussing math.
- Time to develop the next unit! This is the big one (leading to a “portfolio project”) so hopefully the six weeks in class is enough. I’m going to become a fake physics teacher and teach about objects in motion and free-fall.
- I need to be better at “making” kids keep their concept checklist updated.
- I’m really digging this post.
That’ll do. More to follow.